The Rules for the Brier 2021 Individual Curlers Contest (the “Contest Rules”)
HOW TO ENTER
This Contest is organized by Curling Canada (the “Sponsor”). Contest begins 12:00:01 a.m. E.S.T. on November 5th, 2019 and closes on February 22nd, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. E.S.T. (the “Contest Period”) Individual Curlers – Anyone who plays the game regularly, or once a year, or once in their lifetime, is welcome to submit their unique curling story!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER:
- Visit CURLINGDAYINCANADA.CA. Each submission, received before expiry of the Contest Period at 3:00 p.m. E.S.T., will earn one (1) ballot for the chance to win.
- Maximum one (1) entry per unique story, and maximum one (1) entry per day per household. All persons who live at the same permanent address are considered a household.
PRIZES: There will be two (2) prizes. A grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) and the secondary prize (the “Secondary Prize”) (individually the Grand Prize and the Secondary Prize may be referred to as the “Prize” or collectively the “Prizes”).
- Grand Prize: One (1) trip for four people to the 2021 Tim Hortons Brier, (host city to be announced). The prize includes return airfare from the International Airport nearest the winner’s home, two hotel rooms for four nights, four tickets to all games for the final four days and Brier clothing! Plus $500.00 CDN to cover additional expenses such as meals, taxes and tips, plus any other expenses not specifically mentioned above. The approximate retail value is $8,000.00 CDN; and
- Secondary Prize: There will be one (1) additional prize of $500.00 CDN to be awarded.
- The Grand Prize must be booked at least sixty (60) days in advance of travel, and is based on availability and subject to blackout dates and any other additional restrictions, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize must be taken to attend the Tim Hortons Brier. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for transportation to and from the departure airport, any items of a personal nature, departure and/or applicable taxes, gratuities, medical insurance, appropriate travel documentation, meals and all other costs not specifically included in the above the Grand Prize description. The Grand Prize winner and their travel companions must travel on the same route and at the same time. While best attempts will be made to accommodate the Grand Prize winner’s first choice of travel, the Sponsor cannot guarantee dates and/or times.
- Any Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash, except the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to substitute the Grand Prize component with one of equal or greater value.
- A random draw will be conducted by the contest judges (the “Contest Judges”) in Pickering, Ontario on February 25th at approximately 1:00 p.m. The potential winner will be contacted by email or telephone that day. Before being declared a winner, eligible entrant must first correctly answer without assistance, a Mathematical, time limited skill-testing question and complete a signed/returned written declaration and release form, releasing the Sponsor, their respective parties, related affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and employees from any liability in connection with the Contest or the Prizes. In the event the selected entrant is disqualified from eligibility, cannot be contacted by email or telephone within 2 business days of the draw, the Contest Judges will select another entrant to be eligible to win the Prize and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility to the first selected entrant(s) in this regard. All decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Judges are final.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions stated above or any conditions provided in these Contest Rules will result in the person being disqualified and not being entitled to the Prizes.
- Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- The Contest is open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside as of the first day of the Contest Period. The Contest is not open to the employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
- The selected entrant and their travel guests (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) must sign and return within the time specified a declaration form (administered by e-mail or mail) releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, participating retailers and the Contest Judges as well as their respective members, administrators, officers, directors, owners, associates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability related to their participation in the Contest and accepting use or misuse of their prize. The Releasees are not responsible for any claim, loss, property damage, expenses or other prejudice arising from the Prizes, including accidents, injury or death.
- By entering the Contest or trying to do so, all persons release the Sponsors and Releasees from any damages, which could arise from their participation or attempt to participate in the Contest.
- NOTWITHSTANDING PARAGRAPH 20 by entering the Contest and accepting the Prize, the Prize winner authorize the Sponsor to use, if required, their name, city of residence, voice, statements, photographs and (or) other image for advertising purposes, without any remuneration whatsoever, unless prohibited by law.
- All entries and requests to participate without purchase are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Any entry, which, as the case may be, has been tampered with or is deteriorated, modified, fraudulent, reproduced or obtained illegally will be rejected. Any entry that does not comply with all required conditions will be rejected and will not give right to participation. Any Contest pieces or other documents, which contain printing or production errors, or any errors, will be void and will not entitle the entrant to the Prize.
- The Sponsor remains at all time sole owner of the winning entry and requests for participation without purchase and declaration forms. Declaration forms, entries and requests for participation without purchase will not be returned to contestants.
- No communication will be exchanged with contestants in the context of the Contest, other than with the selected entrant(s). The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a person or cancel one or several entries of a person if he/she enters the Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to the Contest Rules or which would be unfair to the other contestants.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or submissions that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Rules or for failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, to cancel or modify the Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part if an event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal holding of the Contest as provided for in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In any case, the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, participating retailers, suppliers of prizes, material or services related to the Contest and their employees, agents and representatives will not have to award more prizes than the number of Prizes indicated in these Contest Rules or award prizes otherwise than in compliance with the Contest Rules.
- For the purpose of the Contest Rules, in event of a dispute, the entrant is the person whose personal information is provided on the on-line entry form or mail-in request. It is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared a winner. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- All decisions of the Sponsor or those of its representatives regarding any aspect of the Contest are final and binding, subject to, for the contestants residing in Quebec, any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
- Residents of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: When you voluntarily choose to register electronically to participate in the Contest, personal information including e-mail address, first name, last name, city, province/territory, and phone number (collectively “Registrant Information”) will be collected by the Sponsor. SUBJECT TO PARAGRAPH 10 by entering the Contest and providing your Registrant Information, you only consent and agree to: the Sponsors’ collection and use of the Registrant Information to administer the Contest, unless you have consented to receive future marketing and promotional information from Curling Canada.