NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Curling Day in Canada Campaign is open only to those who submit their video or photo entry/ entries via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and who are of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, at of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal Canadian residents and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Curling Canada, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Curling Canada as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 17, 2021, at 8:00 AM EST and ending February 26, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST. All online entries must be received by February 26, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting/ sharing a video or photo on their own personal Facebook or Instagram account. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified.
- Prizes: The Daily Prize Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive:
Date Prize February 17 One (1) set of Curling Day in Canada (CDIC) Coasters, two (2) Curling Canada (CC) Face Masks, one (1) Hub City Pin, and two CDIC Hoodies – approx. retail value $159 February 18 Two (2) CDIC Coffee Tumblers, one (1) CC Pair of Socks, one (1) Hub City Pin, and one (1) CC Toque – approx. retail value $115 February 19 Teo (2) CDIC Coffee Tumblers, two (2) CC Face Masks, one (1) Hub City Pin, one (1) Pair of Stud Earrings, and one (1) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirt – approx. retail value $147.50 February 20 One (1) set of CDIC Coasters, one (1) Pair of Socks, one (1) Hub City Pin, one (1) CC Toque, and one (1) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirt – approx. retail value $114.50 February 21 Two (2) CDIC Coffee Tumblers, one (1) Hub City Pin, one (1) Curling Bracelet, and one (1) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirt – approx. retail value $135.50 February 22 Two (2) CDIC Coffee Tumblers, one (1) Hub City Pin, one (1) Pair of Socks, and one (1) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirt – approx. retail value $117.50 February 23 One (1) set of CDIC Coasters, two (2) Pairs of Socks, one (1) Hub City Pin, two (2) Hub City Coffee Mugs, and one (1) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirt – approx. retail value $132.50 February 24 Two (2) CDIC Coffee Tumblers, one (1) Pair of Socks, one (1) Hub City Pin, and one (1) CC Toque – approx. retail value $115 February 25 One (1) set of CDIC Coasters, two (2) Hub City Pins, one (1) CC Fanny Pack, and two (2) CDIC Long Sleeve Shirts – approx. retail value $136 February 26 Two (2) Tim Hortons Brier Beer Steins, two (2) CC Face Masks, two (2) CDIC Hoodies, one (1) CCF Keychain, and one (1) Hub City Pin – approx. retail value $159
The Grand Prize Winner of the campaign (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive: One (1) 2-in-1 Tabletop Curling Game, two (2) CDIC Hoodies, one (1) CDIC Coffee Tumbler, one (1) set of CDIC Coasters, two (2) Hub City Long Sleeve Shirts, one (1) Hub City Pin, one (1) CC Backpack, and two (2) Personalized Water Bottles. Approx. retail value $441 Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Curling Canada. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Curling Canada’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Curling Canada to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Curling Canada. Winner will be notified by social media private message, email or call, within three (3) days following selection of Winner. Curling Canada shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CURLING CANADA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Curling Canada, anyone acting on behalf of Curling Canada, and Curling Canada’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Curling Canada. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Curling Canada from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Curling Canada may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Curling Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Curling Canada’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Curling Canada may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Curling Canada. Curling Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Curling Canada has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Curling Canada reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Curling Canada and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ORLEANS, ONTARIO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Orleans, Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Curling Canada 1660 Vimont Court, Orleans, Ontario K4A 4J4. Requests must be received no later than 11:59 PM (ET) April 30, 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Curling Canada 1660 Vimont Court, Orleans, Ontario K4A 4J4.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Curling Canada is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or its affiliated partners.